Chiropractic care can be a great way to help you relieve the stress of everyday life. Arrange for your free consultation at Zenaptic Chiropractic by calling the clinic. We are located in Vancouver, Washington.
Stress is a normal part of life. The emotional response you experience from stress can even be a good thing. It can help motivate you to achieve a promotion at work or excel in a hobby.
However, if you don’t learn to control your stress it can become dangerous to your health. Thankfully, chiropractic care can relieve your stress if it becomes out of control.
What Can Cause Stress
Hassles, major life changes, and daily tasks are some of life’s major stress factors. Work stress is among the most common for many Americans.
Forty percent of American workers report to experiencing office stress and a quarter of those Americans say that work stress is their top health concern. This can be because of high computer use, dangerous conditions, overload of responsibility, poor management, and repetitive tasks.
Work stress is one of the many types of stress that people face in their lives.
Common Stress Factors
- Work stress
- Death of a Loved One
- Moving to a New Home
- Losing Your Job
- Emotional Problems, such as Depression, Anxiety, or Grief
Learn to recognize what is causing you stress. Chiropractic care can help alleviate the mental stress that you might feel everyday.
How We React to Stress
We all react to stress differently. Sometimes stress makes us more productive, but sometimes it can make us depressed, anxious, and even sick.
To help manage your stress it is important to monitor your habits when stress occurs. Once you have assessed your unhealthy reactions, you can better seek care. Your chiropractor may do a thorough health history assessment to understand your stressor.
Common reactions to stress
Have you ever heard the phrase “people hold stress in their backs”? This is due to the “pain” reaction.
You might unconsciously clench your jaw or develop muscle tension in your neck or back when you are stressed. Chiropractic adjustments can release tension from your nerves to relax your muscles.
Effects of Stress on Health
Stress can affect every part of the body. It can even create major diseases and disorders.
Your brain relies on level balances of adrenaline and cortisol to control your stress. When you get stressed, your brain experiences a major rush of these chemicals. If your central nervous system cannot lower the adrenaline or cortisol levels than you can suffer chronic stress.
Your muscles contract and you cause major tension on your nerves. The nerve irritation may cause damage to the muscle tissues, diabetes, infertility, weakening of the immune system, and more.
In other words, you are making yourself physically sick and can develop disorders and diseases from stress. Your stress should be treated immediately before your health conditions become chronic.
Effects of Stress of Your Body’s Systems
- Central Nervous System and Endocrine System: The effects of the Central Nervous System (CNS) and endocrine system include irritability, anxiety, and depression. You may experience headaches or trouble sleeping.
- Digestive System: The rush of hormones and rapid breathing can disrupt your digestive system. The aggravation can cause diarrhea, vomiting, stomach ache, heartburn, and acid reflux.
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular system: With high adrenaline levels, you can be making your heart work too hard. Your respiratory and cardiovascular systems are in risk of hypertension, heart problems, and stroke.
- Muscular System: Stress can cause your muscles to tighten, without the opportunity to ever relax. This can cause head ache, shoulder ache, and other body aches.
- Sexuality and Reproductive System: Your hormone levels can drop when you are stressed. The unbalanced levels can lead to infertility for both men and women.
- Immune System: Over time, the excessive cortisol from stress can compromise your immune system. This prevents you from being able to fight off sickness, infection, and other serious diseases.
Chiropractic Care for Stress
Chiropractors cannot make your job or life transition less stressful. Nevertheless, they can release nerve irritation to alleviate your stress. When your nerves breathe better, your body can return to a more balanced state. Your stress should not go untreated.
Let the team at Zenaptic Chiropractic help you relieve your stress today. Set up your FREE consultation by calling our office.